Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Pesto on Seeded Toasts
4 Small to Medium Tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
Herbs de Provence
Seeded French baguette, sliced in 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- Core the tomatoes, and turn them upside down to drain for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a large sided cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Generously rub the aluminum foil with olive oil.
- Slice the tomatoes, arranging the slices in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt, white pepper, herbs de Provence, and sugar.
- Roast the tomatoes until the tomatoes start to shrivel and the edges begin to turn brown. The liquid around the tomatoes will begin to carmelize – aboutÂ 35 to 40 minutes.
Roasted tomatoes with keep in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Slice the baguette and bake the slices in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes, until just lightly golden.
To serve, put a small amount of pesto sauce (either homemade or store bought) on a toasted baguette slice and top with an oven roasted tomato.
Enjoy with Sonoma Coast Vineyards Syrah!